Thursday 13 March 2014

0 Day #14 : 30 books in 30 days: I am I

As part of the 30 books in 30 days challenge, everyday of the challenge we will post a reading prompt to motivate you to read books.

Day #14 : Reading prompt : I am I 

- The phrase itself inspired by the book "Head to Toe" by Eric Carle and we honor the man who said the phrase in this pic - Dr Seuss.


The books for this prompt was such a difficult pick for us. We love so many books on this theme. So today we pick 4 instead of 3.



Our picks:

1. TALL - Jez Alborough - This book is a pick for the younger children to be able to understand the theme in a simple way. An almost wordless picture book. A baby monkey, Bobo,  realizes that he is SMALL - smaller than anyone else and in an attempt to be TALL hops atop a frog, then to a lion, then to an elephant and a giraffe only to FALL off into his mommy's arms.  The size you are is the size you are meant to be! Perfect for your little ones to get started on this theme.

2. I like Me - Karen Beaumont - I like me for everything that I am. 
Inside, outside , upside down.
From head to toe and all around.
I like it all, It all is me
And me is all I want to be.
Well it goes on in rhyme to say how the girl likes herself for all that she is, for all that she can and can't do! and it ends with " I am Me"

3. Spoon - Amy Krouse Rosenthal - We love her! This book is about the omnipresent feeling in everyone wanting to be everyone else, always thinking that the other has the better of everything! A cute story of a spoon who thinks that he is less important , less enterprising and having less fun than the knife, fork and the chopsticks. The spoon with his mom goes on to find out that the fork , knife and the chopsticks think that the spoon has it better. So , teach your child this important lesson to not compare themselves with everyone else but to feel important and special as each one is unique.

4. Unboy Boy : Richa Jha : This is a story of a boy who doesn't fit in with the other boys and is teased by his friend. The boy most often is high with self esteem after reassuring from his mother to just be himself. Read Arthi Anand s review here at Saffron Tree and Divya Purandar review here.

Come back and tell us what you read!







0 comments:

Post a Comment